Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It came ... I saw.....

and we had a grand ol' time.

What a day.... It started with a lovely little text chat with my darlin girl... while I was still i bed and she was preparing for the cyclone that were here children (only minutes later)... and I was waiting for my own storm to build. I actually got to stay in bed until 7.30am. AMAZING!!

The kids enjoyed unwrapping the gifts that I finally finished wrapping only 5 or so hours before hand... totally sober and still in search of that stiff drink. Who would have been so stupid as to forget the second most ingredient!? Coke!?
(I know.. I could have just gone straight.. though I did'nt think that was a wise idea incase I tried to find our chimney!!)
After having my little text convo with my darlin' girl.. we turned it into a real one around 9am when all members of both our families got all our gifts from each other and did a mass ripping and squeeling as we did a long distance gift exchanging extravaganza... There was way too much food... (note to self, when I next say "simple, fuss free dinner" I MEAN IT!)And we broke in every single one of the kids games... I have never before laughed so hard as I did when I decided that I needed to show the children exactly how one plays Highschool Musical 3 DANCE (a dance mat game)... Not one for the 'tarded.

I hope that you all had a wonderful day... laughed as much as we did here... and got a little spoiled along the way!

No comments: